The overall objective is to
- increase agricultural sustainable production and productivity and;
- improve competitiveness of the agri-food sector in local and international markets;
- enhance enabling environment for sustainable and private–sector led agriculture and value chain development; and
- increase aid-effectiveness in agricultural sector and across the agricultural value chains as well as increase overall coordination between agriculture-related programmes.
In the framework of the above overall objectives, the purpose of the contract is to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) of the GoA to improve its capacity for sustainable development of the agriculture and value chains overall.
Qualifications and skills:
- University Degree in Agriculture Economics, Economics, Rural development and / or closely related field;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication and policy drafting skills;
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in agriculture and rural policy analysis and formulation;
- Extensive and proven knowledge and experience of relevant agriculture and rural development policies from international and transition comparative experience.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in assessment of institutional reforms in agriculture sector,
- Experience in design of agriculture sector reform related programmes and projects;
- Knowledge of the regional context and/ or previous experience in Afghanistan or Central Asia considered an asset.
The Contractor will be permanently based in Kabul within the premises of MAIL compound in Kabul. The Contractor will also have access to all MAIL premises relevant for the project implementation. The operational base for the Project corresponds to Kabul, whereas the Contractor will ensure regular travels to the target regions and provinces, depending on whether the security conditions permit. The intended start date is 15 December 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date.