The Plan Maroc Vert (i.e. Morocco’s Green Plan) Support Programme (PAPMV) aims to integrate poor farmers from the regions Tanger-Tétouan, Fès-Boulemane, and Taza-Al Hoceima-Taounate into agricultural value chains in a sustainable and equitable manner. In doing so, they will benefit from national and international market opportunities and may achieve a higher share of added value to their products. The programme consists of four components: 1) Financing of pilot projects, 2) Cross-cutting activities, 3) Capacity development, and 4) Monitoring and evaluation.
The specific objectives of PAPMV are as follows:
- Reduced rural poverty and reduced vulnerability of small farmers to economic and ecological risks.
- Development of agricultural value chains for supplying national and international markets with added-value products.
- Protection of natural resources and anticipation of climate change effects.
The services of AFC included:
- Support to the preparation of project dossiers and to the mobilization of funds with a high leverage effect (self-financing, individual loans, association loans, national donors).
- Identification of training needs and preparation of a training plan to develop the capacities of farmers and their organisations.
- Support to the Programme Management Unit in the annual activity and budget planning.
- Support to ADA in supervising the implementation of all projects under PAPMV.
- Participation in the supervision of cross-cutting activities.
- Support to ADA in the preparation of a quality reference guide for enterprises and service providers.
- Support to ADA in the preparation and monitoring of annual budget plans for each PAPMV component.
- Set-up of a financial monitoring system for the utilization of AFD funds within the programme.
- Preparation of technical and financial progress reports on the level of the three programme regions.