The Côte d'Ivoire country package is part of the global programme "Green Innovation Centres for the Agriculture and Food Sector" of the BMZ Special Initiative "ONE World without Hunger" and is implemented in selected regions in the southwest and southeast of the Ivorian cocoa belt.
The project objective for action field 3 is the local processing and marketing of cocoa products. In addition, two further value chains are to be supported. At the time of the start of work the selected value chains were manioc and plantains.
The module objective is: Innovations in agriculture and the food industry have sustainably improved the incomes of small farms, employment and regional food supply in selected rural regions.
- Training primarily of women and young people in post-harvest practices such as fermentation, drying, storage, packaging, etc.;
- Market analyses for new cocoa products (e.g. cocoa butter, cosmetics, bakery products);
- Accompaniment of the market launch and development of products through information and advertising campaigns, consumer advice, public relations work;
- Support for the establishment of a start-up center for SMEs in cocoa processing, machine production and marketing of new cocoa products for the African market and training of start-up companies in the field of cocoa products;
- Advising businesses on access to modern processing facilities, technical and management training and coaching;
- Advice on the introduction of technologies for the energetic use of cocoa by-products (e.g. drying of cocoa beans, processing into liqueur, butter etc.);
- Support networking by promoting the participation of processing companies in trade fairs, exhibitions and professional exchange formats;
- Cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture and the Chamber of Commerce in the field of employment promotion;
- Cooperation with the energy partnership within the Compact with Africa.