The LDDP project seeks to promote climate resilient productivity growth, enhance market access' and improve risk management among smallholder farmers and Agro-entrepreneurs, by providing support for climate smart production systems, farmer empowement and commercialization.
The project will foster a market-led transformation of livestock production, while ensuring that the supply response to growing demand is sustainable, inclusive, safe, and environmentally conscious. To this end, the project will improve the ecosystem for value chain development by financing key infrastructures including markets, and access to market, insurance and financial products and services, capacity building and knowledge.
Climate resilient livestock production systems will be developed through the promotion of appropriate climate smart agriculture (CSA) practices addressing feeding strategies, animal health and welfare, animal husbandry and breeding, as well as manure and (including waste management production of energy), improved storage and processing it. Existing experience to foster the generation of renewable energy from solar.
The project is designed and will be implemented taking into consideration the different gender roles. The project will actively pursue the participation of women across all project activities.
He / she will be responsible in-country for overall project management and implementation, overseeing the work of the other KEs and NKEs, as well as the project support staff, and maintaining close contact with the EU Delegation. He/she will develop strong working ties with national counterparts and DPs.
- Advanced degree in business adrninistration, agricultural economics or related agricultural subjects with minimum l0 years ofextensive experience related to rural business development, in the agribusiness sector including microfinance and marketing, as well as competitiveness and value chain analysis in developing countries and developed countries.
- Developing businesses in agrollivestock sector, sector evaluations, feasibiIity studies, and/or assessments ; Ieading multi-disciplinary tearns,
- Should at least have held a senior leadership/management position on related projects
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the agribusiness development practices
- Demonstration of strong knowledge in setting up dairy hubs. VMCC and other businesses in livestock sector
- Track record in conducting similar developing countries assignments in At least three (3) simiilar assignments related to the preparation, formulation and development of agribusinesses within tl,e last five (5) years.
- Experience in working with rural micro-to-small scale businesses providing either business development services, training and/or technical assistance
The assignment/study period shall be of in the framework of the LDDP program. A five years duration from the date of commencement of the LDDP program is envisaged